10.26.2010

Heard of these guys?

By Colin
Hockey Hounds Universe correspondent

Last Sunday, it was a hockey day. We hounded the Nashville Predators and Pittsburgh Penguins before going to the Tampa Bay Lightning game.

Finally, after three times, I got Sid the Kid to sign for me. Thanks the Lord. I got him on the McFarlane base (shown above) showing him in the 2008 Winter Classic.

Me and another kid were the only ones to get him when we saw him, though Daddy tells me that he signed for others earlier in the day. In total, we got 34 autographs from the Penguins.

I also got Evgeni Malkin on this Russian hockey card. Like Sidney, me and another kid were the only ones to get Geno as he headed out for lunch.

I didn't do a team sheet for the Penguins, just cards.

It was hectic with the Pens. Boy, am I glad it's over with.

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!

    Fantastic stuff. Congratulations on being persistent and not giving up.

    Were they nice guys to deal with or was it pretty much 'get your autograph and go'?

    Thanks for sharing. Great success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post Colin! Congrats on Sid the Kid....he's a tough one to get. Same goes for Malkin. I enjoy reading your posts, keep up the good work and way to go on the penalty shot. Maybe you should have given Crosby or Malkin your advice on what to do in a shoot out.

    Mr. Al

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous17/2/11 15:12

    Is the Malkin for trade?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous29/3/11 16:21

    Aww Man.

    ReplyDelete