10.22.2010

Brag Book: San Jose Sharks

By J.R.
Hockey Hounds Universe correspondent

During the days of October 13-14, I made my long-anticipated hockey-hounding season debut (if a debut can last two days) at Sharks Ice, the practice facility for the San Jose Sharks. One of the few items I purchased during the off-season was a photograph showing the four Sharks who won Olympic gold for Team Canada.

Last season, my first hounding in my new home of San Jose, Joe Thornton ignored me every time I attempted to get him to sign an item. I am not obnoxious in my quest of obtaining autographs and, despite the fact that I might appear to be a degenerate, I am certainly not a dealer.

Last week, however, "Jumbo Joe" could not have been nicer. He willingly signed the Olympic photo (shown above) the first day and a puck on the second, making small talk in the process. Truth be told, I thought he was going to be the toughest one to complete the item. Judging by past performances, I suppose I can't be blamed for believing that, but he was the first to do so. Dany Heatley, Patrick Marleau and Danny Boyle kindly finished off the photo.

Antti Niemi, Frazer McLaren and former Shark Mike Ricci also signed pucks.

All in all, it was a good couple of days. I look forward to more hounding opportunities as the season progresses.

The rest of the haul:

An 8x10 signed by Marleau;

An 8x10 from Joe Pavelski; and

An 8x10 signed by Ryane Clowe; and

Cards from Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Torrey Mitchell (who said, "I almost made it out of here" before grabbing my Sharpie), Jamal Mayers, Devin Setoguchi and Heatley.

1 comment:

  1. wow. that Team Canada 8x10 makes me jealous....

    well done!

    ReplyDelete