12.24.2010

You have to be kidding me?

By Puckhound
Hockey Hounds Universe editor

Kinda scary, isn't it, Justin Bieber on a hockey card? Sure, the kid may be from Canada, but no self-respecting hockey fan I know would be clamoring for this card.

But there he is, holding Lord Stanley's Cup, no less, right dab smack in the middle of the 2010-11 Donruss hockey's Fans of the Game subset. Jeez, what was Panini thinking? I guess I'm not surprised, either, that he's a Leafs fan, or so the card states.

For my money, I'd rather see a real hockey fan, like Denis Leary, and not some teeny-bopper chart-topper like Bieber, added to the set.

3 comments:

  1. Sadly, from what I've heard.....it's the top selling card in the set.

    And the autographed version - yikes!

    My niece would like to work out a trade! :) JK

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card singlehandedly ruined the entire Fans of the Game set for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that has to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, I had that like _ _ _ _ _ ! Why would they put him on something I love!

    ReplyDelete