12.22.2010

My Lightning buddies

By Colin
Hockey Hounds Universe correspondent

On Monday, my Dad (Puckhound) and I went hounding the Carolina Hurricanes and the Tampa Bay Lightning. After getting Hurricanes players to sign before the morning skate, we went over to catch the Lightning.

During my Thanksgiving break from school, I got my picture taken with nine Lightning players. On Monday, I got four of those pictures signed. I could have gotten five signed, but my Dad forget that we had a picture of me with Pavel Kubina.

Though I didn't have a picture with Victor Hedman, we did have cards for him to sign. I was going to ask him if he could come to my hockey practice while he signed my cards, but I remembered we didn't have one this week. Maybe next time, as that would be pretty cool.

Besides Tampa Bay's Marty St. Louis (shown above), here are the three other Lightning players who signed their pictures with me:

goalie Dan Ellis;

defenseman Mike Lundin; and

forward Dana Tyrell.

With two more hounding trips during my Christmas break, for the Boston Bruins (my favorite Eastern Conference team) and the Montreal Canadiens, maybe I get more of my Lightning pictures signed. Maybe this time my Dad won't forget about Pavel Kubina.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Post Colin! Enjoyed every word. Look forward to your next one. I figure you gotta be the youngest "Pro Hound" I know.

    Mr. Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Colin. What cool mementos from some great adventures. Enjoy your Christmas!

    Remember........Pavel Kubina. :)

    ReplyDelete