11.26.2010

Newfound Enjoyment (Part 1)

By Moody
Hockey Hounds Universe senior correspondent

I have found that over the past season as well as during the current season that hounding has become a bit of a chore. It is becoming more difficult to come up with fresh items for today's NHL stars. Sure, I could use the "Go To" items like trading cards and team sheets, but it still is the same players over and over.

Yes, I've mixed it up a bit with my quest to get photos of players in non-NHL jerseys and that has sparked a bit of attention as a standout.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the friends who I've met during my hounding and always look forward to that, it's the repetition of the same players filtering through town that make it seem like I am just going through the motions.

This was laid to rest last week when I went to East Coast Hockey League game between the Florida Everblades and Toledo Walleye and decided to take a shot at getting autographs from them. Not only are there fresh faces that I haven't hounded in the past, but for the hockey purist (there are still a few around), there are some great college and junior players there.

Ross Carlson is a former NCAA champion with the University of Wisconsin Badgers.

Mike Egener is a second-round pick for the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Mitch Fadden was a great scorer in the Western Hockey League and a fourth-round pick for the Lightning.

David Fischer is a former first-rounder for the Montreal Canadiens.

Bobby Goepfert was a NCAA standout and sixth-round pick of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

No comments:

Post a Comment